Report # 3 - 28 Secrets to Improve your
Home's Value & Help it Sell Quickly!
- Let's Make a Good First Impression. The
first thing a potential buyer sees is the exterior of
your home. A freshly manicured landscape will ensure the
first impression is a good one.
- A Little Work Can Make A Lot of Difference.
Fixing leaky faucets, a coat of paint or new wall paper
will not only increase the chance of selling your home;
it could increase the price as well.
- Bigger is Better. Removing unnecessary
articles from the basement, attic and closet will show
the perspective buyer just how much space your home really
- Show the Whole House. Be sure all of the
rooms in the house look the best they can. For a dull,
dark room, a coat of paint will be a valuable asset. Don't
forget the basement, give it the same consideration.
- Ensure Buyer's Safety. Make it a point
to check that all passage and stairways are clear of all
- Closet Space Can Sell Your Home. Large
closets are an important selling feature. Be sure they
are uncluttered, well organized and neat.
- The Key to Bedrooms Fresh and Clean! Freshly
laundered, bright, cheerful curtains and bedspread will
leave a good impression.
- Buyers Are Not Walking on Water. Be sure
the carpets and floors are always kept clean. Professional
steam cleaning may improve your chance of selling.
- Resurface the driveway and redo the walk
so your home makes the right "cared-for" first
- Install a new front door with brass fixtures
to make your entry welcoming then paint or stain the door
- Replace the garage door and install an
- Put in a new flower bed, green up the
lawn, and replace any overgrown buses in front.
- Power wash your siding and deck, and repaint
the trim or, if needed, the whole house.
- Consider sought-after double or triple-pane
windows or storm windows and doors that keep the temperature
indoors comfortable all year round.
- Install or upgrade porch and pole light
fixtures to give your home a touch of elegance.
- Redo the roof and gutters to guard against
- Repaint all interior walls using a neutral
color to make the whole house shine.
- Install new carpeting and vinyl or ceramic
- Refinish wood floors to give that "new
- Hang new chandeliers, recessed or track
lighting to make pleasant rooms brilliant.
- Keep things cool with attractive ceiling
- Add elegance by replacing switch and outlet
plates and register vents with shiny brass ones.
- Make over the kitchen, new counter tops,
and appliances will help it sell. Today's buyers want
a disposal and dishwasher, consider replacing or refacing
cabinets to bring them up to date.
- Replace bathroom lighting, toilet seats,
medicine cabinets and bathroom hardware to bring a sparkle
that goes beyond clean.
- Update your home's energy efficiency,
possibly with new furnace or additional insulation and
new weather stripping so it cost less to operate.
- Install cable TV lines and an extra phone
line to the best room for a home office - even if you
don't need them - to upgrade your home's electronic capabilities.
- Reorganize and add closet shelves to make
closets function better and appear more spacious.
- Improve the look of the home with new
living room sofa or family room furniture you planned
for the new house to improve the look of the home you'll
Click here to return to Reports Page
Call 1-800-657-9711 with any questions or to place your flat fee mls real estate listing!